.popads.

1

3

1

//go.ad2up.com/afu.php?id=620618

ads3

//go.ad2up.com/afu.php?id=620410

Review: Indoor Maps support in HERE Maps


Review: Indoor Maps support in HERE Maps

wp_ss_20130305_0002wp_ss_20130305_0001wp_ss_20130304_0001
HERE Maps is finally available for all Windows Phone 8 devices and it not only offers completely offline support and turn-by-turn directions, but also cool features like Indoor Maps.
I was in Cologne yesterday and tested indoor mapping at Köln Arcaden in Cologne Kalk and everything worked very well (except the train, but that’s not Nokia’s problem Smiley mit herausgestreckter Zunge). The whole complex was shown with all its floors and shops. I pretended I was visiting the shopping mall for the first time and took a look at all shops there. I picked out one and tapped on get directions. Unfortunately that does not work, but I don’t really think that is a big deal as everyone who is able to use a smartphone should also be able to take a look at a map. However, my GPS position was found (and it was quite accurate too) so I knew where I was and where I had to go.
As the maps were downloaded to my phone all this worked offline. What I also found very nice was that HERE Maps not only showed me the shops but also where restrooms, stairs, the information or ATMs are.
Because Nokia has a really big data base of shops and it also uses QYPE there is a lot of information available about many stores. You can see their phone number and normally also a rating and pictures. In the shopping mall I did not find any ratings or pictures, but I can’t say these are not available in other malls.
For me yesterday the indoor support of HERE Maps worked very well. OK, I wasn’t visiting Köln Arcaden for the first time, but I did try and pretend I was a stranger from a foreign country and I think I would have been happy with Nokia’s solution. Unfortunately there is no option for turn-by-turn directions indoors, which may be a little disadvantage in some really complex shopping malls, but most people should be able to read maps and because the GPS does work very well even indoors it shouldn’t be a too big problem.
Have our readers had their own experiences with Indoor Mapping? Let us know below.
- See more at: http://wmpoweruser.com/#sthash.iZjJKz28.dpuf

رسالة أحدث

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire